A mobile spray tan means that the tanning salon comes to you instead of the other way around. People who are planning to go on vacation or brides who want to get a sunkissed tan for their big day often choose this option instead of trying to fit one more thing into a hectic schedule. A mobile spray tan also offers more privacy and convenience to people who would just rather not go into a tanning salon.
It should come as no surprise that getting different results than expected can be devastating in some of these cases. The last thing a bride wants is to end up with streaky, orange skin on the one day that she will be the center of attention. To present a disaster from happening, these are some things to do before you tan.
- Schedule your appointment at time that you know will work for you – If you schedule a tan appointment and then decide you can’t make it at the last minute, you will probably be liable for the entire fee. Most salons that offer mobile tans require a minimum of a 24-hour notice for a cancellation. Make it a priority and make sure you get your money’s worth.
- Make a trial run – If you are getting spray tanned for the first time, you probably won’t know what to expect. Go for a tan several weeks in advance so you can determine your perfect color instead of hoping for the best. Tamar Vezirian of Gotham Glow explains that they offer a variety of custom tans that complement the individual’s natural beauty. After a trial run, you may find that a lighter tan suits you better than a darker one.
- Think Natural, Not Bronze – Don’t make it your goal to get as dark as possible. Tanning is no longer about bronzing, but in achieving a natural sunkissed glow that will leave onlookers wondering what is different.
- Plan Ahead – Pedicures and manicures, waxing, and moisturizing skin are all part of their beauty agenda. Unfortunately, these are just some of the things that can prevent the tanning solution from soaking into the skin evenly. Talk with the salon or be sure to read the Do’s and Don’ts they provide prior to the application day to see what you should do before the tanning appointment and what is safe to do afterwards. One important step is to exfoliate your skin before the appointment to remove dead skin cells and leave skin naturally soft.
- All Tans are Not Equal – Basing your choice off a tanning company’s price or availability could result in your getting a lower quality tan. All salons are different and they use different qualities of tanning solution and application. Look at a company’s online resume before you book.
A mobile spray tan is a real convenience and an indulgence at a time that may be otherwise filled with stressful appointments. Taking some time to understand how the tanning process works and what you need to do to optimize it will make your tanning experience a positive one that you will want to repeat.